MetaSetup can manage your AutoUpdate requirements for your MQLLock Project(s) fully automatic. MQLLock is ready to work with MetaSetup from version 2.4.119, you need to make sure to have minimum MQLLock Engine 2.4.119 in order to use this Feature.
First Time Steps
- Install MetaSetup as seen here, if you have not yet. Use download page to download it
- Start MetaSetup and create a MT4 Project
- Start “Import from MQLLock” Wizard from MetaTrader menu and follow the instructions inside Wizard, make sure to check “Add ‘…’ to current MetaSetup Project” at “Completed” page. This step will automatically add your mqllock project into metasetup
- Edit Project Profile settings according your Profile
- Customize installer look & feel under Customize section
- Save MetaSetup Project
- Open Features tab inside MetaSetup and click to “Cloud Feature” Trial 14 Days button in order to start 14 Days Trial. Later if you like this feature you should start a new subscription
- Save Project again, Close Project, Open it again from MetaSetup.(This reloading is required to activate Cloud Feature)
- Go to Build Section, click to “Build Installer(s)” button and choose an output name, lets name it as SuperEA-Setup.exe for example. Then click Build Installer(s) button again, it should build your regular Installer and Cloud installer as cloud-SuperEA-Setup.exe
- Click to Upload to Cloud to upload your files to our cloud servers
- Then give cloud-SuperEA-Setup.exe to your clients, this will be your main installer for your project. Whoever has this file will be able to download your fiels from cloud and install to 1..n metatrader terminals.
Lets Imagine you have updated your SuperEA to new version, you will need to submit new version to MQLLock and MQLLock will return you new Revision of your project
- Start MetaSetup and load your previously saved project
- Start MQLLock Import Wizard again and follow instructions, make sure to check “Add ‘….’ to current MetaSetup Project” option at the end
- Save your project
- Go to Build menu and click to “Build Installer(s)”
- Click to “Upload to Cloud” to upload latest built version to our cloud servers
You upload your files to our servers using MetaSetup and your clients download them from cloud using Cloud-Setup.exe file. MQLLock Import wizard enhances your mqllock project files with special update check feature. This update check feature makes it possible to connect our cloud servers and check for available update from mt4! All your clients will check for update every 6 hours (this may vary) and at start once. Once you upload new version to our cloud servers, your clients´ metatrader code will check for new update, it will find an update and display a notification about available update and give them the chance to update to new version. It is important that you change version before uploading to our cloud servers because update checker code can compare version only by version. It is also important that you increase version and not decrease. Degrading is not possible but upgrading. Technically MetaSetup can upgrade 100.0% all your clients within 6 hours from update. Of course this update feature gives them the option to upgrade, your clients may skip the update for another 6 hours, but update notification will keep popping up every 6 hours for them.
It is very important that your clients are installed through cloud installer, this cloud installer installs special dll file to computers to make sure to be able to check for update from our cloud servers